I purchased a portion of this collection on a trip to Montana. We stopped and visited a quilt shop in Spokane. I was amazed by the 3D features. The fabric is out of production but I was lucky enough to find a small shop on ETSY that had the additional pieces needed to create my quilt.
My inspiration for the quilt was posted on ‘Pinterest’ and can be seen below:
To create the quilt, since I do not have an actual pattern, I cut the following:
- Panel – 23″ x 42.5″
- Inner blue border: Cut 4 2.5″ X WOF strips
- Need 44 3-piece segments
- These will be combined to make 2 sets each of the following: 3 x 3; 10 x 3; and 9 x 3
- From 9 different colors need to cut 3 strips from each: 2.5″ x WOF
- End up with 27 strips
- Combine 3 random strips together and sew
- End up with 9 sets of 3 strips
- Next will be cutting the strips into 2.5″ wide, 3 piece segments.
- Right and Left: Cut 2 strips, 6.5″ X WOF. These will be the strips to complete the segmented borders.
- Top and Bottom: Cut 2 strips, 6.5″ X WOF. These will be the strips to complete the segmented borders.
- Border around segments:
- I used the same fabric as for step 2.
- Cut 8 pieces, 2.5″ X WOF
- Large outer border:
- Cut 8, 6.5″ x WOF
Here is what it looks like on my design wall. My fabric came with the 3D Glasses, it is like being inside and aquarium!