Our little JRT is at the vet today for dental work. To keep myself busy, I started the second batch of Plum Wine. As I just finished assembling the must, the vet called. Our poor little pooch needs to have 7 (seven!!!) extractions. He is 13 years old – which means he is 91 – the poor thing. I am off to buy some soft food. He will probably wish he could have some wine after today!
Plum wine: Today’s batch
- 28 cups of sugar added to bucket and dissolved in 8 cups boiling water
- Place fruit bag and roughly pit and chop 30 pounds of plums
- After 20 pounds cut, added another 6 cups of boiling water and stirred well
- After 30 pounds cut, added 6 cups of boiling water and stirred well
- Then added 8 cups of cold filtered water
- Allowed the must to cool to 80 degrees
- Crushed 5 campden tablets and dissolved in 1/4 cup filtered water.
- Pitched into the must and stirred well
- Finished at 1:45 PM – wait 12 hours to added Pectic enzyme and 24 hours to add yeast starter.